The following is a description of the contract that has been developed to follow each horse connected with this program. It must be signed by all adopters before the horse is transferred to the adopter. Certain specifications such as breeding rights, etc. may apply under certain circumstances and will be specifically added to any contract should they pertain to the horse in question.
Agreement, dated ___________________________________________, between _____________________________________________ (hereinafter referred to as the "ADOPTER") and TRANSITIONS THOROUGHBREDS/MINDY LOVELL.
In consideration of the mutual promises set forth below, the ADOPTER and TRANSITIONS THOROUGHBREDS/MINDY LOVELL agree as follows:
1. TRANSITIONS THOROUGHBREDS/MINDY LOVELL hereby agrees to adopt to the above named ADOPTER and ADOPTER hereby agrees to adopt from TRANSITIONS THOROUGHBREDS/MINDY LOVELL the _______________________________________ (breed of horse),
known as _________________________________________ (registered name or other name of horse),
tattoo number (if applicable) ___________________________ ,
a __________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(description of horse - gender, age, colour, height, markings, etc.
2. ADOPTER acknowledges that he has had opportunity to conduct any inspections they require prior to completion of this Adoption Agreement.
3. Risk of loss passes from TRANSITIONS THOROUGHBREDS/MINDY LOVELL to ADOPTER upon full execution of this Adoption Agreement.
4. Horse is being adopted for recreational riding/performance horse (non-racing) competition purposes only.
5. ADOPTER agrees to keep the horse in good health and free from disease by providing adequate feed, shelter, veterinary and farrier care in accordance with accepted industry standards. In the event the ADOPTER fails to adhere to these standards and the horse becomes neglected or abused in the opinion of an independent professional, this Adoption Agreement becomes void and the horse is to be immediately returned to TRANSITIONS THOROUGHBREDS/MINDY LOVELL at the expense of the ADOPTER.
6. TRANSITIONS THOROUGHBREDS/MINDY LOVELL makes no warranties expressed or implied, including the warranties of fitness for any particular purpose other than having clear title to the horse and the ADOPTER and TRANSITIONS THOROUGHBREDS/MINDY LOVELL agree that the horse is free and clear of any liens or encumbrances. ADOPTER has determined fitness for ADOPTER'S requirements and has been given opportunity to conduct a veterinary pre-purchase exam prior to signing this Adoption Agreement. All pre-purchase exams must be conducted at the location of Transitions Thoroughbreds.
7. Horse is not to be sold at public auction of any type, including Thoroughbred-specific, mixed breed or livestock auction.
8. Horse is not to be sold, given or traded to any known dealer or party associated therewith known to purchase or obtain horses for slaughter or sent directly or indirectly in any manner for any reason to slaughter.
9. Should the above specified horse at any point in time become unserviceably sound due to age, injuries, health issues, etc. and have no potential of quality of life as determined by a licensed veterinarian, the horse must be humanely euthanized by a licensed veterinarian and TRANSITIONS THOROUGHBREDS/MINDY LOVELL notified and provided proof of euthanasia within 14 days of the occurrence. TRANSITIONS THOROUGHBREDS/MINDY LOVELL is also to be notified within a 14 day period if the horse passes naturally.
10. Should the ADOPTER choose to sell, give away or trade the above specified horse, TRANSITIONS THOROUGHBREDS/MINDY LOVELL must be notified of the ADOPTER'S intent prior to any transaction taking place. This contract MUST follow and be included in the sale, gift or trade of the horse for the duration of its life. A new ADOPTER must be in agreement with signing this contract. The new ADOPTER'S name and contact information is to be inserted in the appropriate locations and a copy of this contract, signed by the new ADOPTER is to be provided to TRANSITIONS THOROUGHBREDS/MINDY LOVELL within 14 days of the transaction or transfer.
11. ADOPTER agrees to give TRANSITIONS THOROUGHBREDS/MINDY LOVELL the 'first right of refusal' and/or opportunity for the horse to be returned to the Transitions Thoroughbreds program should the ADOPTER choose to sell, trade or give the horse away.
12. If, under any circumstances, the ADOPTER cannot or chooses to no longer keep or maintain the horse, the option of the horse returning to the Transitions Thoroughbreds program is available. Transport of the horse back to the location of the program will be at the ADOPTER's expense unless agreed upon otherwise.
13. Adoption fee agreed upon by both parties is $ ______________ (Canadian Dollars), payable in full upon execution of this Adoption Agreement.
Transitions Thoroughbreds/Mindy Lovell:
Mindy Lovell (Signature)
Residential Address: 427 Grassland Tr., Ottawa, Ontario K1E 2S1
Farm Address: 2290 Old Montreal Road, Cumberland, Ontario K4C 1G5
Cell phone no.: 613-314-8494
Adopter's telephone number
Adopter's e-mail address